In our Law Firm we are experts in legal assistance and representation regarding the sale or purchase of a real estate property in Spain
An English-speaking lawyer will prepare your purchase and sales agreement to buy or sell an off-plan or used Spanish property in Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca & Formentera.
Our lawyers will advise you of any potential pitfalls, recommend specific changes that would benefit you, discuss or negotiate these concerns and changes with the other party, and accompany you to the notary’s office to close the transaction, or represent you all throughout the conveyancing process by using a Power of Attorney previously granted by you in our favor.
What is included? Our lawyers will:
- Discuss your concerns and issues with you.
- Draft or review the offer, purchase contract, or preliminary private purchase/sale agreement (contrato de arras).
- Obtaining the energy performance certificate, when applicable.
- Obtaining your NIE , when applicable.
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or the contract with the other party or the other party’s lawyer.
- Provide legal advice related to the mortgage to be obtained, when applicable.
- Review the information provided by the developer (if the property is off-plan).
- Check whether the house is free of charges and/or rented out (if the property is a used one).
- Check whether the community fees, and IBI (Real Estate Tax) payments are in good standing.
- Accompany you to, or represent you at the notary’s office in order to sign the purchase/sales deed.
- Calculate and pay the transfer tax, if applicable.
- Register the purchase deed at the Land Registry.
- Change the property title with the local authorities.
- Process your Capital Gains Tax on Land (“Plusvalía”) before the local tax office, where applicable, on your behalf.
Services not included:
- Notary and Land Registry fees, taxes, and any kind of cost involved in the purchase/sale of the property
- Negotiations with the seller/buyer regarding the purchase price.
- Obtaining a mortgage for you.
- Opening a bank account in Spain.
- Assistance with any litigation process.
- Any further assistance once the purchase/sale is duly registered at the Land Registry.
Our lawyers are experts in Property Law. Call us and we will help you.